MarketingHub.info Website Redesign
was recently redesigned, the main reason that I did so was because Marketing Hub used to use a free template and I wanted the website layout to be unique, so it will be more memorable and recognizable. Following are the previous and current designs (click for full size) –
Reasons to Redesign
To have a unique layout was not my only reason to redesign the website, following is all of my reasons –
- To have a unique layout which is more memorable and recognizable than a free template.
- I prefer the color blue over brown, hopefully the average visitor does too.
- I wanted a wider sidebar and content area so I changed from 3 columns to 2 columns.
- I wanted better on-page SEO.
- I wanted to put more focus on my ‘FREEBIES’ in the sidebar.
- I wanted better ad placement for higher CTR.
In general all of those reasons are that when you have a custom layout you have more control over how you provide your content.
How much did it cost?
It didn’t cost me anything (except time) since I designed and coded it myself, but if I was to hire a professional it would cost about $2000 according to Chris Pearson
. Paying $2000 for a layout is only worth it if you have a good business reason to do so, a better reason than ‘to make it look cool’. For example, in my case my ‘FREEBIES’ pages actually make a lot of money compared to my other pages, so by putting focus on these pages which bring the most return (per 1000 impressions) I will benefit financially from the redesign. Whether that extra focus on the well converting pages will make you $2000 you’ll have to decide for yourself. Another business reason to redesign is to reduce bounce rates; if you’re website looks so terrible that visitors leave immediately a good redesign would reduce your bounce rates and in turn increase the revenue you make from your visitors.